Sunday, September 20, 2009

Smile!


Today's post is merely to share a few things that have made me smile today.

My sister's boyfriend, Darin, stayed with us last night. He and Tammy are almost as crazy about Kieran as Tom and I are, and we were very excited that he was coming over to visit. We celebrated by taking Kieran to his first miniature golf game, where we got this picture:




Today before Darin left for home (loaded down with leftover pork loin, mashed potatoes, cherry tomatoes from the vine, frozen homemade pancakes, frozen homemade chicken/green chile burritos, and some special things to tuck into Tia Tammy's care package), he and Kieran went out back to play. I got this shot of them blowing bubbles together:

 

Also, Darin can no longer say that Kieran learned his cheesy smile face from me, as evidenced by this picture:



And finally: Nikki shared a poem today that really made me smile, so I'm passing it along:

God Says Yes to Me
Kaylin Haught

I asked God if it was okay to be melodramatic
and she said yes
I asked her if it was okay to be short
and she said it sure is
I asked her if I could wear nail polish
or not wear nail polish
and she said honey
she calls me that sometimes
she said you can do just exactly
what you want to
Thanks God I said
And is it even okay if I don't paragraph
my letters
Sweetcakes God said
who knows where she picked that up
what I'm telling you is
Yes Yes Yes


I hope you've had your own smiles today, too.
~d

3 comments:

  1. This post gave me enough smiles for a whole week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of those two fellas made me smile..AND I just got off the phone with Tammy...so that made me smile too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No really, I just came back and smiled at this post. Told you - smiles for the whole week :)

    I now want to thank you for taking such great care of Darin for me. I'm lucky to have you, as is he. I'm also very thankful that you guys love each other so much. It's a truly lovely feeling to know that my family and my future husband (aka future family) get along so well.

    ReplyDelete